Monday, May 20, 2013
Indonesia Finally Punished For Fan Misbehaviour
1. Football Association of Indonesia is ordered to pay a fine of USD10,000/- for violating Article 67 par. 1 and par 3 of the AFC Disciplinary Code (hereinafter the “Code”).
2. FA of Indonesia is also ordered to pay a fine of USD5,000/- for repeated infringement in the following decisions (cf. Article 40 par. 1 of the Code):
a. 19th meeting on 28 August 2012 (Decision No. 280812DC03)
i. Indonesia vs. Australia match on 5 July 2012 (Spectators threw water bottles and lighted fireworks)
ii. Indonesia vs. Timor Leste match on 7 July 2012 (Spectators lighted fireworks)
iii. Macau vs. Indonesia match on 10 July 2012 (Spectators lighted fireworks)
iv. Indonesia vs. Singapore match on 15 July 2012 (Spectators threw paper cups and lighted fireworks)
b. 22nd meeting on 28 February 2013 (Decision No. 280213DC01) (Spectators threw water bottles)
3. Total fine imposed on FA of Indonesia is USD15,000/- to be settled within 30 days from the date this decision is communicated (Article 15 par. 3 of the Code).
4. Pursuant to Article 24 of the Code, Football Association of Indonesia to play its ONE official match involving its National men representative team in AFC competitions without spectators.
5. Pursuant to Article 33 of the Code, the AFC Disciplinary Committee hereby suspends its decision under Article 24 of the Code subject to no further violations of similar nature by Football Association of Indonesia for a period of two years from the date this decision is communicated, failing which, the said suspended decision is automatically revoked, the sanction applied.
SOURCE - AFC
COMMENT - the above is in legalese gobbledygook. From what I can make out the incidents refer to happenings at the AFC Under 22 Qualifiers which were held in Pekanbaru. Makes you wonder why nothing has been done about full internationals at Bung Karno.
Indonesia must pay $15,000 within 30 days...good luck on that one. Many have been waiting for much more money for much longer time. Form a queue eh?
And that one match to be played behind closed doors? Suspended for two years?
Comments: Post a Comment