Google
 

Thursday, November 01, 2012

 

Nepalese Defender Trying Out For Arema

Nepal International defender, Rohit Chand has vowed to prove his worth in Indonesia. 
 



Highly talented versatile defender, Chand is leaving for Indonesia today for a trial with Indonesian Premier League side, Arema FC. 

"I will give my best. I am mentally and physically ready for the trial", Chand exclusively told GoalNepal.com

"I don't have any pressure at all. I have already played two season in I-League and I know the pressure of International club football". 

"I have seen and read that Indonesian club culture is much developed than I-League", Chand said, "But I am ready for everything". 

Rohit will reach Malang, East Java on November 3 after picking-up his Indonesian visa in Singapore and spending an evening in transit in Jakarta.

He is scheduled to make an appearance against Persegres Gresik in a friendly the following day.

Rohit's agent in Indonesia, Dr. Mustika said that he will have an opportunity to tryout for other Indonesian clubs if he is not able to secure a position with the powerful Arema side.

The 20-year-old Rohit is regular on Nepal's back line and was the youngest player to play for Nepal's national team in a competitive FIFA match.

He started his club career at Nepali 'A' division club Machhindra FC before moving to Bangalore I-League side Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL).

He had a very successful stint at HAL starting in every league game he was eligible to play in. As a defender he even scored a hat-trick against Pune FC.

News reports coming out of Britain had linked Rohit with several glamourous clubs in Europe including Arsenal, Lille and Glasgow Rangers.

COMMENT - I was advised to watch out for this lad a couple of years back and he was reportedly keen on trying out Singapore at one stage. He played under Graham Roberts when the former Spurs and Chelsea defender was managing Nepal.

The article which I have lifted wholesale from source mentions Arema IPL but isn't it Arema ISL who will play Presegres soon?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?