Google
 

Sunday, February 21, 2010

 

10 Years Pasoepati

Persis Solo have never hit the heights in my short time of covering Indonesian football. They have great support, known as the Pasoepati, and they have a great stadium, Manahan, right by the railway station.

This is Pasoepati's 10th year of following their beloved team and there is a fascinating trip down memory lane on their website which you can find here...albeit in Indonesian.

I love this kind of shit. If only because I'm a sad old git living off my Arsenal memories from back in the 79s and 80s when I, with the figure of a twig and the personality of an unheated British Rail cornish pasty, began my own adventures home and away with the Arse.

Solo has had a few teams over the years including Arseto, Persijatim and Pelita Jaya all seting up base there.

Talking of Arseto, before my time obviously, a certain Isman Jasulmai used to play for them. He is back in Solo now but as coach of Persis. I had hoped to do a Persis feature when they played Persikab this Friday but I can't now. Game has been moved back 24 hours...

Comments:
The old Pasoepati was much better than the Now generation of Pasoepati...the young ones are more "militant" than creative...

cheers
 
Happy birthday Pasoepati. We hope your team promote to ISL soon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?