Google
 

Thursday, October 12, 2006

 

England, oh England

I didn’t see the game against Croatia last night. In fact I rarely watch England games, they don’t inspire any feelings in me. Sorry, forget his recent goal fest Crouchie just doesn’t do it for me. Lampard, no thanks. McLaren? Isn’t he involved in F1 somewhere? If not, he should be. When I was younger I used to make up my own England XI with my mates and we had a midfield or Graham Rix, Ray Wilkins and Glenn Hoddle which reflected our location, London overspill and our teams, Arsenal, Chelsea and that lot from N17.

It was a midfield that never clicked at international level, much like today’s mix of Lampard, Gerrard and the others. We don’t learn lessons in England and we don’t threaten on the world stage. We have the support of face painters and drum beaters who follow overpaid prima donnas afraid to mix it against piss poor opposition. Not Croatia, they have some quality, but England and quality? Stevie G yes. Umm, anymore?

Saturday we’re back to the real stuff. We play Watford and I’m looking forward to that. We’ve had what, two cancelled weekends since the season stared to prepare for the qualifiers and what’s it got us? The Premiership is our bread and butter, I’ll celebrate 3 points on Saturday much more than I would celebrate 3 points with England. Coming soon…memories of Watford.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?